Sunday, August 2, 2009

Thing #22

Nings are very interesting. I looked at several of them. The Texas School Librarians ning has one feature that I think has a lot of potential for collaboration. The discussion forum would really be helpful. I noticed that one of the items up for discussion has to do with visiting authors. I am part of a big district, so it's often not too hard to coordinate with other campuses to lower the cost of author visits. But, I have had difficulty on at least one occasion when an author agreed to visit if we could book at least 6 schools. My solution was to network with librarians from other districts that I had taught in. That worked well, but this discussion forum would open additional opportunities. I would be very happy to know if an author that I might not have thought of inviting myself was going to be in town!

No comments:

Post a Comment