Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Thing#10


Thing #10 is by far my most favorite activity so far!!! I absolutely love photography and playing with images so using image generators is right up my alley.

I am posting some of my favorite "creations" on my blog for all to enjoy.

I used Image Chef to personalize my conversation hearts. I used Sign Generator to create a Las Vegas welcome for my husband. I used Dumpr to create a Rubik's cube with my adorable nephew. I used Wordle to create a montage of words that have to do with Texas A&M. (My husband, son and daughter are all Aggies.

Most of the image generators were extremely easy to use. But I tried to create a Fake Magazine cover and it required the use of my webcam, rather than being able to upload a photo. I have also taught myself how to superimpose faces onto bodies, so I was excited with the site called "Your face on a different body," but it wasn't as easy as I was hoping. I didn't spend too much time on it because it was kind of complicated. (Of course superimposing using PhotoShop is also extremely complicated.)

Students could use Wordle for all kinds of projects. They could use it to describe a person, character or historical event. They could use it for brainstorming.

They could use a comic strip generator to comment on current events.

They could create a trading card of a character from a book or as part of a biography project.

3 comments:

  1. I have not gotten to this "Thing" yet, but your enthusiasm makes it sound fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your A&M wordle! I grew up in CS and attended A&M, too. :)
    I think Image Chef (and these other image manipulation sites) are so much fun! They really add a lot to a blog or website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big Huge Labs has a magazine cover feature that is very easy to use and does allow you to use your own pictures...take a look!

    ReplyDelete