Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Thing #12

There were a couple of points that really spoke to me. One was from Blue Skunk who said that writers like to know that they have been read. Most of us need to feel validated when we are communicating. Having someone read and comment provides that validation. Another point that was made was that we should be gracious, when someone points out an error. It never really easy to have someone point out our mistakes, but I know that I am embarrassed when an error gets past me. I would rather someone point it out so I can correct it, rather than appear dumb.

There are many great ideas that are circulating on the Library2Play blogs, so the challenge became making good, hopefully, pertinent comments.

Michael Jackson's death was the impetus for my personal interest. I watched so much of the coverage of his memorial and when I got back on track, I was interested in seeing what people had to say about the coverage. I wanted to chime in with other fans.


1 comment:

  1. and isn't it great that it is so easy to find people who share your interests and therefore, withwhom you can memories and thoughts!

    ReplyDelete